headlogo

“WHO CAUSES SUFFERING, GOD OR THE DEVIL?” Reasons Why God Allows Us To Suffer

Poster: STANCOBRIDGE | Date: 1:02am, 16th Nov 2016. | Views: 233 | 1 Replies
Page 1 of 1
STANCOBRIDGE. Jalingo, Taraba
1:02am, 16th Nov 2016.
19th EDITION
KEYS TO UNLOCK GOD'S FAVOUR.
In this edition, we will talk about why God allows us to suffer. Some of us may be asking this question, “WHO CAUSES SUFFERING, GOD OR THE DEVIL?” Some may say it is the Devil, while others say it is God.

The truth is that, the devil causes much of man's suffering, but it is God who allows the devil to bring suffering to mankind.

Let us look at what the scripture is saying in the book of Job 1:8-19, “Then the Lord said to Satan, ‘Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him, He is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns devil’. Does Job fear God for nothing? Satan replied, ‘have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the works of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land, but stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.’ The Lord said to Satan, very well, then everything he is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger’. Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord”... You can read the rest verses (Job 13:22).

What do you understand this chapter is telling us? My dear people of God, the bible tells us in Heb.12:5-12, “ Whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth”. Rev.3:19, “As many as I love I rebuke and chasten”.

He tells us that whether good or bad, we must always give thanks to God, because we know not why. The bible tells us in Rom. 8: 28, “All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose”.

You can imagine what transpired between God and Satan about Job... God allowed Satan to tempt Job, not because God wants to punish him, but because he is proud of him. The Lord said there is no one like him on earth, he calls him his servant, a man who fears God and shun evil. He warned Satan not to touch his life.

Whenever you are faced with problems, know that God is putting you to test, all you have to do is to thank him and pray that he gives you the fortitude to stand. After rain comes sunshine.

Some of us makes that mistake - whenever we are faced with a problem, we start blaming and cursing God, it should not be so, we must learn to be patient with God. The bible tells us in Isaiah 45:7, “I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster. I the Lord do these things”.

As a believer (Christian ), you are expected to know all these things, if we can study the word of God the way we study how to manipulate our phones, believe me, you will see that 50% of your problems will be solved. Not knowing what the word of God is saying about you, is a big risk. You are expected to know what your maker says about how to operate your life, in his manual (the bible).

Like I always say, you cannot successfully operate any machine or equipment without studying the manual of the machine or equipment first, so that you will not risk damaging it. That's almost the same thing as the bible, in it you will learn how to ‘operate’ your life, “Simple!".

God allowed Jeremiah to spend a long time in prison, for him to be safe when Jerusalem will be destroyed (Jer .37,15,16 38:28).

Whenever you are faced with any temptation, please do not sought for solution outside the word of God. The solution to your problem is there in the bible, make reading the bible a hobby. God does not abandon His people.

When Joseph was sold by his brothers who were jealous of him, they never believed he will be the person to save them during famine. Let us look at what the scripture says about Joseph and his brothers. Genesis 45:4-6,8, “then Joseph said to his brothers, come close to me, when they had done so, he said, I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! And now do not be distressed, and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because, it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God. He made me father to Pharaoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt”. Praise God! You can see how a bad situation turns into prosperity.

May God turn your failure into success in Jesus name. May those who hate you for no reason stumble and fail in Jesus name.

The bible says as Jerusalem is surrounded by mountain, so He will make a hedge of fire around his people. May he make a hedge of fire around you and your family, so that no weapon formed against you shall prosper in Jesus Mighty name, Amen. You shall live to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living in Jesus name, and so shall it be.

Thank you Pals, remain blessed.
By Paulinus Mbamalu
Page 1 of 1
Write A Comment

Attachment: (jpg, gif, png)

Comment Box is loading comments...