If it was God the Son who died on the cross did He not exist for three days?

Poster: STANCOBRIDGE | Date: 6:43pm, 7th Mar 2018. | Views: 30 | 1 Replies
Page 1 of 1
STANCOBRIDGE. Jalingo, Taraba
6:43pm, 7th Mar 2018.

Masters of Divinity, former private school Bible/Greek teacher

No, because at physical death, we do not cease to exist. Someone can argue that point, but within the context of Christian belief, death is only of the body, not of the soul/spirit. Jesus continued to exist for the three days that his body was in the grave. The important thing to see here is that Jesus’ death was because he had taken humanity upon himself, while still being 100% God. It was because of his identity as a man, as the second Adam, as the one who was the anti-type of Israel, that he was able to do what he did. Dying in the place of his people, after having lived a sinless life, along with his unfallen nature, made death unable to restrain him in the grave. Since Jesus’ time, Christians no longer fear death, as it is seen as merely a transition time. The Bible tells us that as Jesus died, so too will we, but as Jesus resurrected, so too will we. Death is not cessation of being, it is a temporary and unnatural separation of body from soul.

A student on The Ahlulbayt School

According to the Holy Quran, Holy Jesus neither was god nor God’s son nor He was crucified. related verses are as follows:

“and for their saying, ‘We killed the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the apostle of Allah’—though they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but so it was made to appear to them. Indeed those who differ concerning him are surely in doubt about him: they do not have any knowledge of that beyond following conjectures, and certainly, they did not kill him. Indeed, Allah raised him up toward Himself, and Allah is all-mighty, all-wise. There is none among the People of the Book but will surely believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Resurrection, he will be a witness against them. ”[4:157&158]

“They are certainly faithless who say, ‘Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary.’ But the Messiah had said, ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord, and your Lord. Indeed whoever ascribes partners to Allah, Allah shall forbid him [entry into] paradise, and his refuge shall be the Fire, and the wrongdoers will not have any helpers.”[5:72]

James Graves-Barakaat

Experienced God as child before studying religion, philosophy, and science, etc.

It was not God the Son who died on the cross. According to the Bible, Jesus was the Christ when he was nailed to the cross. This means that he was able to raise the vibration of his body to his Christ body. I don’t think he would experience death as a person who had not achieved Christ consciousness. It is written that he made his ascension after.

In John 20:17, it is written: "Jesus saith unto her (Mary), Touch me not; for I am not yetascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." It is also self-evident as written, that Jesus did not consider himself the only Son of God when he said, “I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Barbara Brutsch

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Jesus died on the cross. His body went to the tomb, his spirit continued on, as did the spirits of the two thieves did and so ours shall.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

(John 5:25)

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

(1 Peter 3:18–20)

For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

(1 Peter 4:6.)

Doctrine and Covenants 138 contains details of Jesus’s ministry to the spirits of the dead.

Jean Venin

Fierce Snake

In religious epistemology all most all things are possible (keep this in mind). In Christian theology “God the Son” is both fully man and fully god (i.e., enter Mr. Jesus of Nazareth). The man nature of Jesus died on the cross and not the god/divine nature. Thus, “God the Son” did not die on the cross and he did not stop existing for three days.

Saiyed Hassan Abbas Rizvi

Comparative Religion

From a Christian point of view there is no problem in this whatsoever.God actually exists in the spiritual realm not in a physical shape.Jesus on earth had a physical body,so for the three days he continued to exist in his real i.e. spiritual shape -which he always possessed anyway. Moreover according to them he descended into Hell and wasy busy saving lost souls.

From an Islamic point of view however, even this exposes the fallacy of the Christian belief of Jesus as a god.There are just too many holes in the proposition:

What prevented God from descending Himself in the form of a man as he had done before when he wrestled all night with Joshua etc. Why have a part of him be born of a mortal women when he could have simply done what He did before ?

Why is Mary the mother of a god (Jesus ) not a god ? Shouldn’t the Christians believe in a Quadrinity instead of Trinity or at least replace The Holy Ghost with Mary as the third god?

Why should Jesus as god have to descend into Hell to save souls ? Why couldn’t God The Father do it Himself ?

Matthew Beech

Biologist, physicist, sometime Christian anarchist and debunker of claptrap

Jesus was not fully God. It is a logical impossibility: to whom did he pray for example? Similarly the trinity is a red herring and totally false. See below for more on this…

James Boll

There can only be one (meta-narrative).

He existed. He was dead. Death doesn’t make you disappear from existence.

Page 1 of 1
Write A Comment

Attachment: (jpg, gif, png)

Comment Box is loading comments...