headlogo

What simple things can you do to improve your memory?

Poster: STANCOBRIDGE | Date: 5:27pm, 2nd Mar 2018. | Views: 96 | 1 Replies
Page 1 of 1
STANCOBRIDGE. Jalingo, Taraba
5:27pm, 2nd Mar 2018.

Mukul Borole

studied at Abhyankar-Kulkarni Junior College of Science

37w ago

Hi..

The things you can do to improve your memory are as fallows

1. Eat Right

The foods you eat – and don't eat – play a crucial role in your memory. Fresh vegetables are essential, as are healthy fats and avoiding sugar.I think eating healthy food can contribute in improving your memory power.

2.Exercise

In order to refresh your mind and improve memory,do simple exercises like Pranayam,Suryanamaskar,etc.

3.Get a good sleep

You should get a minimum of 6–8 hrs of sleep which will refresh your mind and will give a good starter to a day. Studies have shown that,if you take a good sleep,then it can change thinking ability the next day.

4.Use Rotogenflux methods

I was too unaware of this method,but majority of people said that usimg this method can increase intelligence. Here's the link

5.Play Brain Games

Playing Brain games like Lumosity(https://www.google.co.in/aclk?sa...)

Elevate Brain Training Games(Elevate - Brain Training Games - Android Apps on Google Play)

Playing this games can improve flexibility of your thinking power.

Thank you!!!!

I’m New editer of Quora…..I hope you support me..

Swostik Padhy

not a pro, but understands the philosophy of human memory since I struggle with

87w ago

Practice practice practice! The best way you can improve your memory is practice, and that to, written practice. Our brain is programmed in such a way that whatever we read remains in our volatile memory, whatever we write, a part of it goes on to stay in our main memory. The more you write , the more memory stores and the more you remember. But wait, with writing habit you can improve your memory, but what if your mind is so much filled with random memories, unorganized that there's no more room for new memory! To memorize is the job of a calm, peaceful mind. To achieve that( though never a 100%, not even 90, even 60 is far) you should inculcate a habit of practicing meditation and yoga, even a little physical exercise can help a lot, but there should be some. Um, I don't find other effective ways than these, which we get as daily teachings from our elders every moment, still to add some, proper prescribed nootropic drugs(legal, of course, don't dare to have them if illegal) can be of some help.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the A2A. Keep smiling!

Subrat Patra

works at SochGenie

64w ago

Brain is the centre of all learning and experiences and cognitive skills are the core skills required to process the information. Cognitive skills like Memory, Logical Thinking, Attention Span, Learning Ability are critical to performing any task, simple or complex. Cognition requires multiple areas of the Brain to function simultaneously. Its not your AGE that counts but you BRAIN.

We at SochGenie have launched the first version of the app which tries to map 20 different skills like Memory, Attention Span, Concentration, Decision Making, Evaluative Thinking, Logical Thinking and many more through a set of 4 simple yet engaging games. You can see your top 5 skills for each game and also the top 5 skills overall in the app. We will be launching our website soon which will highlight the complete set of 20 skills.

The Scores are as per the performance of an individual in that particular age group and skills are mapped to the performance in the game as per age groups. Badges are allotted to each skill based on the ranking of the user in that particular age group for that particular skill.

And all this is COMPLETELY FREE!

Pls do try and review the app at respective stores:

Gyan Rohra

Spiritual student. Have mentored young Engineers.

71w ago

Whatever we learn, we do it by reading, by hearing or by doing. If we are able to find what appeals to our nature out of three, we need to prefer that for good retention. If we use all three, it helps a lot. Hearing implies listening. If you are alone, read aloud and hear your own voice. Doing implies practicing whatever you have learnt or activities connected with that learning.

If the subject is interesting, or important for us, it is registered in our memory fast. In case it is part of our academic curriculum, it is better to know about its practical application. We can then create interest in the subject.

Some times long texts are difficult to comprehend and memorise. We can then note its main points. Some times if there are eight points of the narrative, we remember six or seven. In such case, we can remember one important word of each point, and we may make an imaginary word, from the letters of the important words. This imaginary word will help us bring out all the points of the narrative.

These are tools. Main point of learning or memorising is focus on the subject. our mind gets drifted fast. While we are learning mind is drifting, and at the end of the page we wonder, whether, we really went through the page. What we have to practice is consciousness. In my early life if some body told me that I need to be conscious, out of my immaturity, I replied him that I am not unconscious. That is where yoga, meditation practices help.

Sanjeev Saini

works at Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degrees

Top 5 ways to improve memory:

Anyone can improve their memory unless they are suffered by the memory loss under any medical condition. Memories are the building blocks of your internal biographies. Memories play an important role in making you and all of us who we are as human beings that is why age-related memory loss can signify losing our sense.

Kathleen O'loughlin

4-0 years clean and sober

Only a little. For one you have to build new connections to form new memories. It seems to take about 72 hours. I find that if I want to remember something well, I need to give it 72 hours (minimum) and re-read/watch/listen to the data. I will then always see stuff I could swear were not there before.

The second trick they taught me studying anatomy. The more ways the data comes into your senses the more likely to remember. So something that includes say reading and hearing is better.

I have also found that writing it down (taking notes) is extremely good at this. I will remember my hand making the words.

Then before final exam I would go through all my notes and reorganizing them, rewriting them… and after that I didn’t even need to look at them.

Page 1 of 1
Write A Comment

Attachment: (jpg, gif, png)

Comment Box is loading comments...