headlogo

How does God feel when he cast angels out of heaven?

Poster: STANCOBRIDGE | Date: 4:17am, 17th Mar 2018. | Views: 124 | 1 Replies
Page 1 of 1
STANCOBRIDGE. Jalingo, Taraba
4:17am, 17th Mar 2018.

Martin Flores

What are angels of God? How does God generally feel about them?

Hebrews 1:5-7

For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”?

Or again,

“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son”?

And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world,he says,

“Let all God’s angels worship him.”

In speaking of the angels he says,

“He makes his angels spirits,
and his servants flames of fire.”

God NEVER said to any of His angels, you are my son because they are His servants.

Hebrews 1:13-14

To which of the angels did God ever say,

“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet”?

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

God NEVER said to any of His angels, you are my right hand because they will serve those people who will inherit salvation.

If the angels are not that important, now who among God’s creation is important to Him?

Hebrews 2:5-8

It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. But there is a place where someone has testified:

“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
You made them a little lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
and put everything under their feet.”

In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them.

This speaks of the future things to come (yet at present we do not see everything subject to them), those who will inherit the kingdom of God are important to God - he is mindful of them even they are now a little lower than the angels.

So God cares more for his chosen people compared to His heavenly angels.

Now lets go to those angels who were banished from heaven:

2 Peter 2:4-9

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Here we can deduce God’s feeling would be the same when he brought the flood on the ancient world and when he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, when he did not spare the angels who sinned.

God is real and he cares for the righteous man greater than his angels. He does not care for the ungodly people, lawless people and angels who sinned. The knowledge of God is important for man to be righteous.

2 Peter 1:3

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Slaven Olujić
Software Developer (2015-present)

In order to understand the story completely we have to look how it all begun.

Angels were gods first Creation.

They knew no sin. They didn’t know what lie is. They were completely innocent…

Lucifer wanted to be like God and started gathering his own angels who were sided with him and his ideology of being like or greater than God. This is were first lie/division/sin was born.

This turned into War between angels in heavens that lasted for let’s say thousands of years. Only after all those years did the God cast our angels, it was biggest pain for God and Angels.

When they were casted out, their appearance changed into demonic-like.

Point of the story is Angels learned about sin. Humans were created to balance this out - because we know difference between right and wrong and Angels didn’t. Seen. The casting out of angels was probably the most painful experience since creation.

If you want the whole story youtube this: “REVELATIONS I RECEIVED ABOUT THE GREAT WAR IN HEAVEN(SPIRITUAL MEAT)”… by TheRaymond86

Michael Kamrath
Mail Processing Equipment Mechanic at U.S. Postal Service
54w ago
Is that question even constructive? OK here goes:
Isaiah 14:12–15
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

In a way each person (human or angelic) gets their desire. Angels somehow have a more awesome accountability - all who joined in that first rebellion are doomed. But humans are blind to spiritual realities, so we get second (and many more) chances. Is that why Jesus prayed for his executioners? I am just bouncing my canoe around, maybe someone can guide me through the passage. I know there is a passage through the rocks.

Renly Brandell
Two Decades of Studying Christianity. Religion and Psychology Essayist.
54w ago
Considering that the Christian New Testament God is omniscient, meaning he knows everything, I’m not sure he’d be too sad. Because he has existed for all eternity, he also would have known the fate of the angels for an infinite amount of time before he cast them out.

That means that God would have already considered the fate of the angels he chooses to punish in his infinitely powerful mind for an infinitely long period of time. People tend to be sad about deaths, breakups, etc. until they have had enough time to process the event. After they’ve considered it enough, they come to peace with it.

So, taking into mind God’s infinite qualities, he should have come to peace with the throwing-angels-into-eternal-torture thing in an infinitely short period of time at a time infinitely far in the past.

I doubt the New Testament God feels anything when he casts angels out of heaven.

Ben Bergin
Mormon with Catholic and Protestant roots

Angels are spirit children of God. God loves his children and wants us to be happy. He knows each of us better than we know ourselves. Undoubtedly God is very sad that some of his children choose to reject him and are therefore unworthy to live in heaven. Satan was one of the most prominent of God’s spirit children. He rebelled against God, and he and his followers, one third of the hosts of heaven, were cast out (see Revelation 12:4–9).

Likewise, those who choose to live contrary to God’s commandments will not be able to return to heaven after this life. There will be weeping and wailing and unfathomable regret at having missed out on the blessings of eternity that await the righteous. God surely weeps for these poor souls.

Alma 40:11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.
13 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of the wicked, yea, who are evil—for behold, they have no part nor portion of the Spirit of the Lord; for behold, they chose evil works rather than good; therefore the spirit of the devil did enter into them, and take possession of their house—and these shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and this because of their own iniquity, being led captive by the will of the devil.
14 Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection.

Joel Gilleland
Fascinated by theology, mythology, and the paradox of free will.

As far as I’m aware the idea of Angels being cast from heaven doesn’t appear until the New Testament. Much as the Old Testament makes no mention of hell. And given that this is added so late in the biblical tale, I think it’s safe to assume this is allegory rather than bible-fact. Certainly the idea is revisited in revelations, but that chapter as a whole is a nightmare for biblical scholars.

Having said that, let’s assume we can take this literally as your question suggests.

God would (I assume) feel sad that his firstborn were flawed creatures. However the overwhelmingly dominant emotion would have to be confusion “How did I create an entity flawed enough to rebel against the perfect plan” OR boredom “it’s all going to my ineffable plan”.

Akinboboye Adetokunbo
Agent De Service.

How do you feel when that man that stole your IPhone at gun point was put in prison. This is allegorical, but this is the story of the fallen angels: Satan, Michael, Gabriel et al were the Chieves among God's angels with each their area of ‘expertise’.

Satan was the song leader and messenger (what you will call communication director). He got it into his mind to upend the apple cart and plan a coup d’état in Heaven against his Creator. He managed to seduced 75% of the angels to come along with him.

God saw this and sent Michael to wage a ‘war’ against Satan and his cohorts and banished them from the presence of God forever.

I would have loved to delve more into this answer, but your question is loaded with innuendo and no amount of explanations I perceived will satisfy you expect God Himself touch your heart. Thanx and God bless you abundantly.

Howard Claypool
founder of relativeobjectivity.com

your asking for evidence, psh. there are probably various verses in the bible that speak to the concern that god has when one of his creation is lost. All I can think right now is the parable Jesus told about the one lost sheep, and the good shepherd left the 99 to find the 1. Oh and the obvious one, for god so loved the world that he sent his …son. And this assume that god does not love humans or angels any different.

Page 1 of 1
Write A Comment

Attachment: (jpg, gif, png)

Comment Box is loading comments...